For the Swarovski use case the overall electronics stack has been defined in detail, including the first approaches for integration processes. The Smart Wellbeing Patch structure includes:
- Functional Decorative Layer, incl.:
- Swarovski Functional Crystals (e.g. energy-harvesting crystals, touch-conductive crystals)
- LED display layer
- Perovskite Printed Solar Cell (PSC),
- Electronics Layer (incl. for instance MUSEIC chip from IMEC + temperature, humidity and UV sensor),
- Printed PVDF haptics element,
- Skin-Adhesion Layer.
Swarovski Crystal with red LED backlight through blue color coating (left: switch off, right: switched on)
Currently first integration test runs for a demonstrator (generation 0) are conducted for the overall Smart Patch system.